Sunday 24 May 2015

UPCYCLING: AC/DC T-SHIRT GUITAR CUSHION


Today I'm sharing my most recent creation with you, an upcycled guitar cushion made from an AC/DC t-shirt. It's been a little while since I've upcycled something and I forgot just how much I love it. My brother had previously mentioned the possibility of me turning one of his t-shirts into a cushion, so I finally got round to crafting this one-of-a-kind guitar for his birthday last week.

It was a really satisfying piece to create and photograph, as I love how the main logo stretches across the whole of the body and the smaller logo fits perfectly on to the head stock. I am also really happy with the bright red corduroy I used for the back, as it compliments the red logo and adds an awesome pop of colour. I also chose to use brass buttons, rather than the folky wooden toggles I use on ukulele cushions, as I thought the metal would be better suited to a hard rock influenced guitar.







You may also remember some of my previous upcycled items, such as the college t-shirt monstervintage shirt ukuleles and the star print jeans which I used for a handful of products.

Upcycling is definitely something I want to make more time for, as I really enjoy the process of turning an unwanted item into something new and totally unique. Feel free to get in touch if you have something of your own that you would like me to transform or if you have any other ideas for a custom product.


Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment